kids.jpg

tumblr_29dcd3b47c2dc14b6d2c9b2ce2db578e_91b53127_1280.jpg

1/8/21

The shop and art for sale sections are now closed for the holidays. Any orders received will be shipped when I'm back in early September.

I have made two downloadable Wooden Robot and Log Princess colouring sheets which you can find at: www.tomgauld.com/colouring

webcat.jpg

I have added four new prints to the shop, including the cartoon above.

9/6/21

It exists! I got a real copy of my book! The Little Wooden Robot and the Log Princess will be out in August. It can be pre-ordered now from all good bookshops and online. Pre-orders and early orders are extremely helpful, as they let the bookshops and websites know that there is demand for the book.

IMG_2149.jpg

The exhibit 'Apprentis Sorciers' is finally open at Muséum de Toulouse. It consists of my science cartoons interacting with their collection and was was curated by Editions 2024. Visiting details are here.

jlg.jpg

8/3/21

I drew a cover for the next issue of The New Yorker. You can read an interview about it here. Prints of all my New Yorker covers can be bought from their store.

TGcartoon613postcard.jpg

MCdog.jpg

threecovers.jpg

11/9/20

I have written and illustrated a book for children! 'The Little Wooden Robot and the Log Princess' will be out next year from Holiday House (in North America) and Templar Books (in the UK). You can read about it in the Bookseller. I'll put up pre-order links when I get them.

Little Wooden Robot jacket final_lr.jpg

myrioG.jpg

CoverWeb.jpg

A recent cartoon for the Guardian Review

A recent cartoon for the Guardian Review

gauld_20.jpg

nyt.jpg

CoverWeb.jpg

2/12/19

I've put eight new drawings into the art for sale section.

The shop and art sales will close for the holidays on 11th of December. If you would like anything for Christmas, please get your order in as soon as possible.

I drew the cover to this week's New Yorker. You can buy prints of the image here, or read a short interview about it here.

map.jpg

italmoom.jpg

12/6/19

I have added some new drawings to the Art for Sale section.

My graphic novel Goliath is now out in a Brazilian translation from Todavia Livros.

Drawn and Quarterly have announced that they will publish my next book in April 2020. Department of Mind-blowing Theories is a collection of one hundred and fifty of the weekly science cartoons I make for New Scientist. The UK edition will be published by Canongate and editions in French, Italian, German, Spanish and Russian will follow soon.

17/5/19

On 21st May 7-8pm I will be at Blackwell's Oxford Westgate, talking with Alex Fitch about comics and signing/drawing in my books. The event is organized by the Oxford Comics Network and is open to all. Buy a ticket here.

I drew the cover for this week's New Yorker Innovations issue. It is titled 'Dog Walkers 2.0' and I talk a little about it here. Prints of the image can be purchased at The New Yorker store.

26/2/19

I have moved studios. My new address is 1 Bridge Mews, 122 Dalston Lane, London, E8 1FG, UK.

My cartoons continue to appear weekly in the Guardian and New Scientist. Here is a recent one:

D0K7l4WWsAAvXz-.jpg

29/1/19

I drew the cover for this week's New Yorker. It is titled 'Winter Garden' and I talk a little about it here. Prints of the image can be purchased at The New Yorker store.

CoverStory-STORY_gauld_garden.jpg

TGcartoon547.jpg

7/12/18

I designed some limited edition wrapping paper for my illustration agent Heart (see a detail below). It's not for sale I'm afraid.

webwrap.jpg

eyeasprinted.jpg

all4.jpg

usthem3.jpg

onthebeach.jpg

TGNS153genome.jpg

music.jpg

website.jpg

korea2.jpg

31/1/18

My cartoon for the Guardian will be appearing weekly on the last page of the newly redesigned Review section. The cartoons are in a new, longer format: see example below, or the whole lot here.

My shop is open again.

Korean Mooncop is here!

TGcartoon498.jpg

4/12/17

I drew the cover for this week's New Yorker. You can buy a print here.

TGnewyorkertrees.jpg

The shop on this site will close on the 11th of December, but please order sooner rather than later if you want things in time for Christmas.

I've just sent out one of my semi-regular newsletters which contains various Christmas present ideas from this site and elsewhere, you can read it here, or sign up to the mailing list here.

Baking+With+Kafka.jpg

15/11/17

Wordery.com now stocks most of my books and offers free worldwide deilivery.

I have added some new items to my shop, including badges, books and drawings. [update: the badges are sold out]

My US tour is over. Thanks to everyone who came or helped along the way.

USATOUR.jpg

kfktwitter.jpg

prix.jpg

EUdates2.jpg

badges1.jpg

18/7/17

Drawn and Quarterly will have early, signed bookplate copies of Baking with Kafka at their stand (#1629) at Comic-con San Diego from 19th to 23rd July.

Mooncop is nominated for three Eisner awards which will be announced at the con. [Update: I didn't win. Well done to all the winners!}

7/7/14

I've put a few more original drawings into the shop.

9/6/2017

I will be at ELCAF signing books at the Drawn and Quarterly booth, on Friday 16th June 1-2pm and Saturday 2-3pm & 4-5pm. We will have early copies of the new paperback edition of Goliath as well as my other books.

My illustration agent Heart have added new images and a video interview to my page on their site.

5/6/2017

The New York Times published an all-comics issue of their weekend magazine featuring many excellent cartoonists. I created a two-page story titled 'View Finder' (shown below) as well as creating a comic-strip editor's letter and hand-drawing the lettering most of the design elements in the magazine. Thanks to Matt Wiley, Caitlin Roper and the NYT magazine team who created the issue.

Click on the image to enlarge.

3/5/2017

Mooncop has been nominated for Eisner Awards in the Best Graphic Album, Best Artist/Writer and Best Lettering categories. It is still available in good bookshops and online.

1/5/2017

I've put ten more original drawings into the shop. The Endless Journey cards are now sold out.

A cartoon for The Guardian.

A cartoon for The Guardian.

29/3/2017

I have added ten original drawings to the shop. [update: These are all now sold. I'll add more in a few weeks]

23/3/2017

Welcome to my new website.

The shop is open now, but uses a different system from the old one. Please email me if you have any problems.

A cartoon for New Scientist.

A cartoon for New Scientist.

22/3/17

The previous version of tomgauld.com is archived at Wayback Machine.